Multiple sessions available from 13 Jun 2021 to 4 Jul 2021
The Quay, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HJ, United KingdomView map
Since 2017, Birds of Poole Harbour have been leading the Poole Harbour Osprey Translocation Project, in partnership with the Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation and Wildlife Windows, with the aim of returning a breeding population of Ospreys to the South Coast. Now on the cusp of restoring the first breeding pair of Ospreys on the South Coast in nearly 200 years, we're pleased to offer this new event that will give you further insight and understanding of the project. With a guided tour of the harbour from our Osprey Project team, they will give an overview of the project and its progress, along with some of the finer details and what we can expect to happen next.
While there won't be guaranteed views of Ospreys from the boat, there is always the chance that one of over-summering pair will make an appearance while we explore the harbour and learn about this exciting project.
BOOKING ESSENTIAL - Please note, these trips are weather dependent. Although every effort will be made to run, if the captain decides that the weather prevents us from running then the trip will be cancelled and a full refund will be available. We're currently only offering a restricted number of tickets based on government guidelines, but should the restrictions ease and capacity for each trip increase, we’ll allocate more tickets if we know it’s safe and responsible to do so
- The trip will leave promptly at 9am from the orange-and-white Greenslades ferry kiosk on Poole Quay.
- Nearest public car park is the Quay Visitors multi-storey located at Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB.
- Although every effort will be made to sail, the final decision will remain with the owners and skipper of the boat.
- There are toilet facilities available on the boat
- We do not permit dogs onto the boat, with the exception of assistance and guide dogs.
- Accessibility: Greenslades are pleased try and accommodate disabled access on the boat where possible. In regards to wheelchair access, please find Greenslades' full access statement here.
Osprey Project Tour - Sun 13 June - 9am-11am
13 Jun 20219:00 - 11:00Add to calendar
Osprey Project Tour - Sun 20 June - 9am-11am
20 Jun 20219:00 - 11:00Add to calendar
Osprey Project Tour - Sun 27 June - 9am-11am
27 Jun 20219:00 - 11:00Add to calendar
Osprey Project Tour - Sun 4 July - 9am-11am
4 Jul 20219:00 - 11:00Add to calendar