Multiple sessions available from 11 Jun 2022 to 1 Jul 2022
The Quay, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HJ, United KingdomView map
This summer we’re hosting Puffin & Seabird Cruises along the Purbeck coast. Not known for its breeding seabirds, this stretch of the Jurassic Coast supports a small, fragile colony of Puffins, along with larger numbers of nesting Guillemot and Razorbill. Our three-hour cruise will see us depart from Poole Quay on an evening charter, leaving the harbour mouth behind, heading south down the coast to Dancing Ledge in search of auks as they settle on the water to preen before returning to the cliff ledges. Join us to learn all about this dramatic coastline, its history and the birdlife it supports, then on the return journey we’ll hopefully time our arrival back into the harbour so that the the early summer sunset draws a perfect ending to our trip.
IMPORTANT: Please note, these trips are weather dependent. If winds are too strong we will not be able to leave the harbour for safety reasons. Although every effort will be made to visit the puffin colony, if the ferry company decides that adverse weather conditions will prevent us from running then the trip will be cancelled and an alternative back-up date will be offered based on predicted weather forecasts. A full refund will be available if you’re unable to attend the rescheduled trip.
- The trip will depart promptly from Poole Quay, opposite the Lord Nelson pub.
- Nearest public car park located at Quay Visitors Car Park, Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB.
- Although every effort will be made to run, the final decision will remain with the ferry company.
- Toilet facilities and light refreshments are available onboard.
- We do not permit dogs onto the boat, with the exception of assistance and guide dogs.
- Accessibility: Greenslade Pleasure Boats are pleased try and accommodate disabled access on the boat where possible. In regards to wheelchair access, please find Greenslade's full access statement here.
Sat 11 Jun - Puffin & Seabird Cruise - 6PM to 9PM
11 Jun 202218:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Wed 22 Jun - Puffin & Seabird Cruise - 6PM to 9PM
22 Jun 202218:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Wed 29 Jun - Puffin & Seabird Cruise - 6PM to 9PM
29 Jun 202218:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Fri 01 Jul - Puffin & Seabird Cruise - 6PM to 9PM
1 Jul 202218:00 - 21:00Add to calendar