Multiple sessions available from 19 May 2021 to 3 Jul 2021
The Quay, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HJ, United KingdomView map
This summer we’re hosting eight Purbeck Puffin Cruises along the Purbeck coast. Not known for its breeding seabirds, this stretch of the Jurassic Coast supports a small, fragile colony of Puffins, along with larger numbers of nesting Guillemot and Razorbill. Our three-hour cruise will see us depart from Poole Quay on an evening charter, leaving the harbour mouth behind, heading south down the coast to Dancing Ledge in search of auks as they settle on the water to preen before returning to the cliff ledges. Join us to learn all about this dramatic coastline, its history and the birdlife it supports, then on the return journey we’ll hopefully time our arrival back into the harbour so that the the early summer sunset draws a perfect ending to our trip.
We are currently offering a reduced number of spaces, however more tickets may be released closer to the event in accordance with the latest government guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Please note, these trips are weather dependent. If winds are too strong we will not be able to leave the harbour for safety reasons. Although every effort will be made to visit the puffin colony, if the captain decides that the weather prevents us from running then the trip will be cancelled the day prior and an alternative back-up date will be offered based on predicted weather forecasts. A full refund will be available if you’re unable to attend the rescheduled trip.
Accommodation partner - Quay Holidays
- The trip will leave promptly from the Brownsea Island Ferries kiosks on Poole Quay at the times detailed above.
- Nearest public car park is the Quay Visitors multi-storey located at Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB.
- Although every effort will be made to sail, the final decision will remain with the owners and skipper of the boat.
- There are toilet facilities available on the boat
- Accessibility: Brownsea Island Ferries are pleased try and accommodate disabled access on the boat where possible. In regards to wheelchair access, please read Brownsea Island Ferries' full access statement here.
Wed 19 May - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
19 May 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Sat 22 May - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
22 May 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Wed 2 Jun - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
2 Jun 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Sat 5 Jun - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
5 Jun 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Wed 16 Jun - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
16 Jun 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Sat 19 Jun - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
19 Jun 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Wed 30 Jun - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
30 Jun 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar
Sat 3 Jul - Purbeck Puffin Cruise - 6pm to 9pm
3 Jul 202118:00 - 21:00Add to calendar