NEW DATES ADDED
Multiple sessions available from 13 Nov 2022 to 14 Dec 2022
The Quay, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1HJ, United KingdomView map
The winter scene in Poole Harbour is exceptional, functioning as an important haven for the 25,000 waders and waterfowl that pile in, finding refuge during the harshest months of the year. Divers, grebes, scarce sea duck and waders capitalise on the sheltered bays and vast estuarine systems, while raptors take advantage of the inflated prey availability. Our regular trips leave the conurbation of Poole behind in search of the Big Five and offer a brilliant opportunity to encounter and familiarise yourself a wide range of these winter visitors.
The 2.5-hour cruises embrace the safari experience, scouring the harbour for our hardy overwintering species from otherwise inaccessible areas such as the Wareham Channel and Frome Valley as well as offering premier views behind the Brownsea Lagoon seawall. From bird behaviour, plumages and vocalisations, we’ll guide you through the species we encounter all set to the stunning harbour landscape. The exact route will be determined on the day, taking into account the state of the tide and latest sightings, to maximise the birding potential of the cruise so no two trips will be the same!
Join us in search of the Big Five - White-tailed Eagle, Peregrine, Marsh Harrier, Hen Harrier and Goshawk.
- The trip will leave promptly from the Greenslade Pleasure Boats kiosks on Poole Quay.
- Nearest public car park is the Quay Visitors multi-storey located at Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB.
- Although every effort will be made to sail, the final decision will remain with the owner and skipper of the boat.
- There are toilet facilities available on the boat
- We do not permit dogs onto the boat, with the exception of assistance and guide dogs.
- Accessibility: Greenslade are pleased to accommodate disabled access on the boat where possible. In regards to wheelchair access, please find Greenslade's full access statement here.
Sun 13 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
13 Nov 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar
Wed 16 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 10AM to 12:30PM
16 Nov 202210:00 - 12:30Add to calendar
Please note slightly later start/finish time!
Sun 20 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
20 Nov 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar
Wed 23 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
23 Nov 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar
Sun 27 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
27 Nov 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar
Wed 30 Nov - Winter Safari Cruise - 10AM to 12:30
30 Nov 202210:00 - 12:30Add to calendar
Please note slightly later start/finish times!
Sun 04 Dec - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
4 Dec 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar
Wed 14 Dec - Winter Safari Cruise - 9AM to 11:30AM
14 Dec 20229:00 - 11:30Add to calendar